Saturday, January 6, 2018

Exchange Blocks and Happy Thought

 
My quilt exchange group met today. We were suppose to meet last Saturday, but the weather was not wonderful and several members were still busy with holiday happenings so it was postponed until today.
 
I was given Ruth's bag of fabric - 3os prints, so cute!
Here are the blocks that have been made so far.
 
 

It takes a while to figure what fabrics to use! 
I don't want to use fabrics that have already been used several times.  

Here is my progress so far. 


 
One block is almost cut out and fabric is chosen for the second block.
Only eleven members decided to do the exchange this time so we are all making two blocks.
 
I am enjoying the Stained Glass Dishcloth pattern. 
 

I am using up leftover yard for these so far.
You can find the pattern here

I am going to get my grumbling out of my system now. 
I really am trying hard to be more positive, but some days it is just hard!
 
I am not enjoying this sub-zero cold weather we are having. It is hard on my husband as he tries to keep the cows watered. It is hard on his vehicles - they do not want to start. It is hard for kindergarten students to be cooped up indoors all day long. We do activities at recess that help them burn off some energy, but it is not the same as being able to run, run, run outside.

I am not enjoying the control issues my father-in-law seems to have, especially when it 
comes to my husband. In his eyes my husband cannot do ANY thing right. :( 
He is just so difficult about everything - the mail is late, he's worried about being able to step over the snow drifts to get to the mailbox. (My husband told him he would bring in his mail for him so he wouldn't have to go out in the cold and snow. He wasn't having that.)
 My husband isn't paying the farm bills right. (After FIL got bank statements out he discovered that HE had made the mistake, not my husband.)
 My husband checks on his dad every time he is there checking the cows/doing chores. 
Sometimes he is yelling at him before he even gets in the door.
We took him groceries the other day so he wouldn't be out and wouldn't have to go out. We didn't bring everything he wanted. He has what he needs and will not go hungry.

I am not enjoying the grieving process. Some days are just so hard to get through. 
I never know what will cause the bad moments and they really suck.

All that brings me to my happy thoughts. I know I missed a few day (those bad grieving moments). 
So for Thursday I will say, again, that the students are settling in really well after our 2 week break, even if we have to be stuck inside because of the cold weather.

For Friday, I am so thankful that I have a garage with a door opener. I do not have to scrape my windshield or worry that my car won't start.

For today, I am thankful for my quilt group. Even though it was so cold that I didn't want to venture out I was glad to see everyone and see how our quilts are progressing. They are a wonderful group.

See what other quilters are up to at Small Quilts and Doll Quilts.
What a Hoot Quilts is challenging quilters to finish '18 in 2018'. Check it out.

No comments: