Sunday, January 7, 2018

Dreary Day, House Blocks and Happy Thought

Today is such a dreary day. Cloudy, windy, still cold but warming up some. We have had freezing rain/sleet off and on all day with more expected this evening and into the night.



Doesn't looking at this scene just make you shiver?

My husband and I have early Sunday morning 'dates' each week. We alternate between the farm store and WM for feed and groceries one week. We also go out for breakfast on this week. This trip is 45 minutes south. The next week we go 30 minutes north to Aldi and Arby's for early lunch. We started doing this when our son was still living at home and it was a way for us to get some time together, just the two of us. The first time our son decided to get up early enough to go with us we traveled south and went to breakfast. Hubby and I both ordered coffee and son said, "You guys are getting old". Then we both ordered off the senior menu! He said, "You guys really are old!" Just to clarify and am not really 'old' enough by their rules to order the senior meals, but my very gray hair seems to qualify me as a senior.

So, what else to do on this cold, windy, dreary day? I finished the house blocks for the quilt exchange. I like to get mine done as soon as I bring them home. That way they are ready for the next exchange and I don't have to worry about them any more.


Here are the blocks with  mine added - the two on the right top row.

My happy thought for today is while we did go out on our 'date' this morning and it did sleet a little I am thankful we made it safely home to a nice warm house. Now I don't have to go out again until tomorrow morning, unless the weather gets really bad during the night and school is cancelled.
I am thankful to have everything I need to do the sewing, quilting and knitting I enjoy so much.


See what other quilters are up to at Small Quilts and Doll Quilts.
What a Hoot Quilts is challenging quilters to finish '18 in 2018'. Check it out.

1 comment:

A Left-Handed Quilter said...

Yes, that scene made me shiver!! I'm glad you have a nice warm house - and your daily "Happy Thought" makes me smile - ;))