Monday, January 15, 2018

A Cold, Snowy, Windy Day and Happy Thought

Brrr! Today started out snowy and cold. The snow has stopped, but it has gotten windy and colder.
 Today's Happy Thought - I am thankful for a husband who can push that snow out of the way.
 
 

I have one more baby quilt to do for my quilt friend.

It is a cross-stitch embroidered one. She had 3 of those, plus the flannel one I just finished.
This one is cute ducklings. 

 
Something I noticed with all three of them is she carried thread over from one 
area to another and it shows through to the front.

 
There is not much I can do about that. And, I keep thinking 
surely she would know that it would show, right?
 
 
I am excited to gain some space in the form of my son's room. He has moved into an apartment, signed a lease for a year. I have been boxing up some of his things, gotten rid of the super single waterbed that was falling apart, and thinking about how I can make the best use of his room all the while keeping in mind that it still needs to be available to him when he comes home to visit or if things don't work out for him with his current living situation.

I really want to paint, and change the curtains, and get rid of his 'guy' things.

Like this....
I surprised him one year when he spent a week at camp by painting his room 'camo' like. I even painted the bookcase and added a border to it. The border was installed at a lower height so he could see it well. He is visually impaired and a wheelchair user.
 
 
The bull horns were given to my husband years ago. Son thought they were cool 
and had to have them put above his door. 
 

I made window coverings out of pillow panels that he really liked. 

 
There is deer art on display.


 Not really my style, but I will leave it for a while, just in case.
I was chatting with my mom this morning, telling her of my plan to move SOME of my sewing/quilting things into his room. She responded with - "You aren't going to get rid of all of his stuff, right? He hasn't been moved out for that long".
No Mom, I am not kicking him out!

 
See what other quilters are up to at Small Quilts and Doll Quilts.
What a Hoot Quilts is challenging quilters to finish '18 in 2018'. Check it out.

1 comment:

Lynette said...

hehe :) ("No, mom. . .") Our daughter came home for a week at Christmas, and I think it really floored her that her old room was basically gone. It's a different color, everything other than the bed and dresser are gone, not even boxes in the closet or under the bed, and the space is dominated with my new longarm. She'd been married and gone for a couple years before any of that happened, and although the bed was there for her to use, the only thing about the room that is still "her" is one of her little stuffed toys that she loved that makes me smile to keep on the dresser - which is full of thread and rulers and pantos, so she couldn't even use that while she was here. Ah, well, I know she won't ever live here again, so that's what happens in Life - time to move on, Honey, even if there's a space for you to lay your head down in peace.