Monday, September 4, 2017

Monday Already?

To see what other quilters are working on visit Small Quilts and Doll Quilts.

Wow! This week went fast!

The first few weeks of Kindergarten are usually a challenge. New faces, new routines, new rules. Sometimes it takes a while to get used to it, but most are doing well.

My school district has a tradition of  adding books to their libraries in memory of employee's loved ones who have passed. I was given the chance to bring home the books that will be added in memory of my brother. He was a retired security officer from the local univeristy, part-time small town police officer and security officer at the local hospital. He was also a bee keeper and active in conservation. The books selected are The Bee Tree by Patricia Polacco and Police Officers on Patrol by Kersten Hamilton. 


There are labels on the inside ...


... and pages that brought tears to my eyes. 


My brother's name. 


They will be added to the library in my building for the students to 
check out and take home to share with their families.

I like a sentence on this page
'Such things...adventure, knowledge and widsom. But these things do not come easily. 
You have to pursue them.'


My brother made everything an adventure. He was on a quest for knowledge and wisdom, learning about conservation and how to make his environment better.
I miss him.

I made a decision and got the borders on the top of this quilt.



I am waiting for the backing to arrive so I can get it quilted.

No comments: