Monday, July 5, 2021

Design Wall July 6

 To see what other quilters are up to go to Small Quilts and Doll Quilts.

I hope everyone had a fun and safe weekend. It was a quiet one for us; always is. Husband is an 'early to bed, early to rise' kind of guy. During the summer heat, it is better for him to get outside as early as possible while it is still reasonably cool. Because he works hard in the heat he is tired and usually in bed before dark. I could hear fireworks several times over the weekend and probably could have seen some of them had I stepped outside. But I didn't want to deal with the bugs so I stayed in.

I have worked on my fair projects and finished the last ones on Friday.

Two bags. 

Two cards. The sunflower is counted cross-stitch with some beading with a cute bee button. The thanks card is small squares leftover from a quilt that stitched together, then fused to the front of the card.

For the Old Window Frame category, I used an old barn window. I attached copies of photos of the women in my life who influenced my love of needlework along with their various needlework items and favorite recipes to a piece of fabric that I glued to the back of the window frame. These are my mother, grandmothers, great aunt MIL and aunt. My mother is the only one of these wonderful women who is still living. 

Around my yard - 





There are at least two tiny cucumbers.
Only two cucumber seeds sprouted.
Onion blooming. In the background, you can see proof that I really have been doing some yardwork - my little rolling cart that holds gloves, pruners, trowel. And, the rolling bin that I put the weeds in as I pull them out. It never seems to end.
Another shot of the onion.

My gardening buddy this morning.

I worked in the yard until the mosquitoes drove me in. I will spend the afternoon piecing some 2-1/2 squares together and watching quilting and sewing shows on PBS. 

Stay safe and well. Happy quilting!

1 comment:

A Left-Handed Quilter said...

Love seeing photos of what you're doing - thanks for sharing - ;))