Monday, June 7, 2021

Design Wall Monday

To see what other quilters are up to go to Small Quilts and Doll Quilts.

Over the weekend the weather was hot and windy and today it is rainy. I am staying in and spending time with my fabric and machines.

On the longarm is this Ombre Stripes Quilt.



The jelly roll was purchased in 2016, the top completed in 2018. The quilting was begun 2 days ago. I'm trying to finish up UFOs.

But, sometimes I feel the need to start something new! So, I have started piecing this. 


The pattern is Valley Batik Plaid by Wood Valley Designs. I am not using batiks, obviously. I have pieced all the 4 patch units and the middle green/blue strips. I have 3 blocks made so far. The fabrics are a 5-yard bundle from Boline's Quilt Fabric Warehouse. (The Ombre Stripes jelly roll above came from Boline's as well, but is no longer available.)

And, I finished the block for this month for the Rainbow Scrap Challenge 2021.

I finished this one, another UFO. 



A few days ago this rose looked like this...
...today it looks like this.
It is fun to watch it change colors.

These days there is a lot of purple in my front bed.


Stay safe and well.
Happy quilting.

4 comments:

AnnieO said...

Beautiful colors in your quilts and blocks —and the garden. Obviously you must get regular rain. We are totally parched here in SoCal.

Bonnie said...

That ombre stripe quilt is gorgeous. Have fun quilting it and getting it done!

A Left-Handed Quilter said...

LOVE seeing what you are playing with - and your flowers - ;))

Judy Hansen said...

Hi Cindy,
Wow, that rose is like two roses in one! What is the name of it? Your new quilt start looks like fun. Lots of four patches, which are fun to make. Thanks for linking with Design Wall Mondays, Judy