Monday, September 21, 2020

Monday Design Wall

 To see what other quilters have on their design walls go to Small Quilts and Doll Quilts.

I finished this scrappy quilt. 



Then I embroidered a new label for the 
Butterfly Baby Quilt.
Mother decided to change the middle name right before the baby shower. Because of that Son's GF decided to wait to gift it to her. 
We decided to wait until the baby was born and could add the birth info. This was framed with butterfly fabric that has the same colors as the front, then sewn to the back. 

I have finished piecing a few things, but haven't gotten around to quilting them just yet. I have also started a new project. I am struggling with - make one of the many kits I have or make tops using the many scraps I have. I decided to use a kit this time. Husband recently commented after looking through one of the latest catalogs that he is glad we decided to purchase the kits we did. He isn't too excited about the newer, more modern-looking kits available nowadays. I just started it so there isn't much to show yet. I'll show pics as I get more done.

Also:
Harvest has started.


There has been a LOT of this going on.
Apparently, the Bean Leaf Beetle is really bad this year and is very destructive to the soybean crop. They have been spraying for many days. 

I am NOT ready for fall, or the season that follows, but I did decorate with a little wagon, a couple of tri-color mums, and a couple of pumpkins.

The Sedums are doing well and the bees love them. There are still some other flowers showing their pretty colors which makes it all the harder for me to believe summer is over.


I really try hard not to be negative, but I am SO TIRED. Tired of things having to be made 'new and improved' - like Facebook, Blogger, etc. And just when I think I have things figured out, they change...again. Tired of unreliable internet. Apparently one or more of the towers that serve(s) my area need(s) work - depending on which service tech I talk to that day. It will be great for a few hours, then nothing, or next to nothing. Tired of the endless spam phone calls and emails. 

So tired of this virus. Some people in this area seem to think it is no big deal. They have stopped wearing masks and sometimes I feel like they think I am one of 'those' people -  overly cautious, fearful, a follower. When doing our recent grocery shopping there were people in the store without masks. I tell myself maybe they have a medical condition. But this one guy looked like to be in very good physical condition. I feel like he probably wouldn't be that fit if he had a medical condition that prevented him from wearing a mask. Others had their masks below their noses or even on their chins. Last I knew humans don't breathe through their chins! One lady stopped right in the middle of the aisle. We waited and waited. She was looking at her phone. We waited some more. Finally, I asked if she could move up a little so I could reach the items I needed. 'Oh, sure - just looking for a recipe', she said. Really?! Only one check out lane was open. They finally opened another when the line got to be over 10 carts long. I know businesses are operating with fewer employees, but this has never happened at this store before.

And speaking of the virus, I know that my friend who is still recovering knows it is real. He stopped by our house over the weekend. He looks and sounds much better, but has to use oxygen all the time. I think this is his new normal. He is doing his therapy to regain his strength, but I don't think he will ever fully recover. He has had family members staying with him - they are taking turns, but that will end soon. We hope he is strong enough to be one his own. His bedroom and bathroom are on the upper level of his home. He mentioned that sometimes his oxygen tubing gets wrapped around his leg. I am still very worried about him. 

So we continue to be cautious and careful. To those who think it is no big deal, it isn't for the people who fully recover, but it is a big deal to those who don't. I don't want to be one of the ones who don't.

Stay safe and well.

1 comment:

A Left-Handed Quilter said...

LOVE your quilts - and your wagon display!! I'm tired, too - most of what you wrote could have been written by me. I'm glad your friend is doing better - hopefully he will fully recover soon - ;))