Friday, July 10, 2020

Today is??

Friday, I think. All week Husband and I have been asking each other what day is it?
We did our regularly planned shopping on a different day and have been kind of lost since then.

I have gotten all the A Blocks for Border 4 of Designer star pieced. There are 2 each of 6 colors.

I have been working on the banners for my brother.
 
I am not having fun. This fabric is much different from quilting cotton. Very slippery and frays horribly while sewing. The seams are fine once they are finished. I am sewing French seams 
and topstitching for durability. 
It makes me not regret sewing and altering prom/bridesmaid/wedding/evening dresses.
I got lucky with the bobbin thread! This project is using a LOT of thread.

Around my yard - 
Hollyhocks hiding behind the sunflowers.
The Japanese beetles are everywhere.
Day lilies.
The group on the left is almost finished blooming. The group on the right is just getting started.
Zucchini!
There is a tiny zucchini under all those huge leaves!

Mini cukes!
Two tiny mini cucumbers.

I threw a handful of wildflower seeds in one of the raised beds just to see what would happen.
They are slowly growing and 
there are a few flower buds.

Milkweeds!

The Monarch butterflies are happy with all the milkweeds. They were too fast for me to get a photo, though. These smell so good!
Darn Japanese beetles!

Just some photos of random 
flowers around the yard.
 





I got a call yesterday that the library where my quilt group holds our monthly exchange meetings is opening to the public, with safety restrictions, of course.
We can hold our meeting on the 25th. They are making a space available to us that allows us to social distance better than our usual room. Masks will be required. They are practicing strict sanitizing procedures. 

The plan is to show the blocks from each bag, just like we always do. There will be Show & Tell, just like always. I'm excited to see my friends (and all the Show & Tells) but a little apprehensive at the same time. It seems in this area that most people are not taking this virus seriously. People are out and about without masks. They are poo-pooing the notion that masks are effective. When Husband has had to go to various places to conduct business (mostly farm related) the employees are meeting the customers outside, but not wearing masks. 

Our friend who contracted the virus from his family the week of July 4th was sent home from the hospital to recover and told to quarantine at home for at least 10 days. Husband has called him to make sure he is doing ok. He sounded pretty good the last couple of days. Husband has to deal with the business where he works. When he went in to conduct business yesterday he was wearing a mask. They all laughed at him thinking he was making a joke concerning the sick friend. When Husband talked to our friend today he was feeling much worse and was preparing to go back to the hospital. 

We are wearing masks everywhere we go and trying to practice social distancing. I feel like people think I am overreacting. I would rather overreact than be sick.

Stay safe and well.

1 comment:

A Left-Handed Quilter said...

Pretty blocks - and you DID get lucky with your bobbin thread - that's cutting it close! I'm sorry your friend is not feeling well - I'm with you - I'd rather overreact than be sick! Stay safe - ;))