Wednesday, April 8, 2020

Today is Wednesday, right?

Since I retired in August I haven't been too mindful of what day it is. But, now I am really losing track of the days.
Good news! Husband was able to pick up a CPAP machine today. He had to also get instructions for wearing, using and cleaning it. I went along because sometimes it's better to have two people listening. He was given a packet with information and the nurse said we could call if there are any questions.

It was so nice out when we got home that he decided to go to the field to chop cornstalks that he wasn't able to get done this fall. And I took a walk. We are suppose to possibly have storms later today so I thought I better get out now. I listened to an Audible book while I walked. Lovely.
The daffodils are still pretty and this lovely little surprise greeted me in the flower bed right outside the garage door. And then I planted some radishes.

I tried to see the super pink moon that was suppose to be visible last night, but it was covered with clouds. I did see the moon this morning through the trees in my front yard, but it didn't look pink to me. Maybe you got to see it.
I am still busy making masks. I had decided to make some for my parents. When I asked earlier Mom said she was just pulling her turtleneck up over her face and Dad stays in the car. Shopping has become frustrating and confusing for him and he is happier in the car. But, I decided to make masks for them anyway now that it is recommended that they be worn in public. I was just finishing that up and getting them ready to mail when Mom texted me asking me to make them each one.
I texted a photo to her asking is these would be ok? She thought I was fast getting them done so quickly! Dad is a life-long Cubs fan so hopefully he will wear it if needed. 
I have been reading that when people are out and about that they are seeing women wearing masks, but not men. I don't know why that is, but I am going to make some masks with more masculine fabrics that will go to my niece's hospital. 
With all this cutting for masks I see some scrap quilts in my future!

I am having trouble getting this to post. Our internet is sooooo slooooww. 

1 comment:

A Left-Handed Quilter said...

I agree with the need for "masculine" fabrics for the masks - guys don't like the "flowers" - LOL - ;))