Tuesday, February 25, 2020

On the frame

I wanted to get this on the frame yesterday.
And, I did. I have made several passes. I am using Sulky Blendables (variegated) thread in Red Brick. It looks great on this quilt.
 

My dilemma now it that I am worried the red-gray variegated thread will not look well on the cow's face. The red really shows in the gray pieces of the 4-patches. 

I am debating whether or not I want to change to solid or variegated gray thread in the light area of the cows face. 
It will require a thread change at least three times. Hhhhmmmm. I might try one pass over the face and see what it looks like. That face is just so cute I don't want to distract from it with the wrong color thread.

2 comments:

A Left-Handed Quilter said...

Haha - I think you answered your own question - "That face is just so cute I don't want to distract from it with the wrong color thread." - so change the thread color when you get to the face - you KNOW you want to - LOL - ;))

Dolly said...

Yep.......you won't regret the extra time and work to change the thread. Gonna be gorgeous !