Saturday, November 10, 2018

Making Decisions

When I moved my sewing corner I went through some of my projects and am starting to make some decisions. I have things that were started long ago and never finished. I have kits not even started.

I saw a garland on a Christmas tree several years ago. It was made from torn skinny strips of fabric wrapped around milk carton rings. I really liked it and even though we didn't put up a Christmas tree (sad childhood story from my husband) I thought I could use one to decorate somehow and use up some of the many scraps I have. I cut thin strips from paper towel tubes and began wrapping, hot gluing the ends to hold together. And, because life was busy I put it away and forgot about it.


I am thinking I will never do any more with this and might as well pass it on. I will take to my next quilt meeting to see if anyone is interested. If not, it will go in the garbage.

This next project is about 15 years old. My parents want to take my son and I on a RV trip to Oregon one year. Sisters. Oregon to be exact. They had been through there a few years before and came upon the annual Quilt show. My mom knew I would love it and encouraged me to sign up for a class during the week and they would find things to do with my then young son during the day. He got to fish and explore the area while I took a class.




This was the quilt we would be making. I loved it. I searched all over for ombre fabric, the fabric that is used for the mountain blocks and 'river' between the mountains. It was hard to find then and I settled for what I found.

I got a good start, came home and put it away ... because life was busy. Again. I need to get this one out of the box and really look at it to decide if I want to continue with it, finish it into something different than the original idea, or put the fabrics into my stash and scrap what it done.


I remember being excited about it when I was working on it. So, we will see what happens.
More later.

No comments: