Wednesday, August 1, 2018

It's Getting Better!

I have been working on the sewing/guest room. I was able to get the frame and mattress down the stairs, but I knew I would not be able to wrangle the box spring by myself.




I got the frame set up and the drawers that were under Son's waterbed fit under this bed.




I showed Husband how perfectly this worked and he helped me get the box spring down.

Next, the bed needed sheets. I cleaned off a shelf in the hall linen closet looking for sheets to fit this double bed that hasn't been used in 20+ years. The only set I found was old, old, old and the elastic on the fitted sheet was crumbling. Yuck. I also got rid of other sheets that we just don't use, were stained or worn. Good bye. Now I have one nice, decluttered shelf in that closet, which was on my list of things to do this summer.

So what looks like a made bed is pillows with no cases and a mattress covered with a quilt. I'll be getting a set of sheets soon. 

And, notice the nice little night table beside the bed. It already has been partly filled clothes that Son and GF have left here.

This corner (1/3) of the room is shaping up. The rest, not so much ... yet. 

hosting Design Wall Mondays and  
What a Hoot Quilts is challenging quilters to 
finish '18 in 2018'.  Check them out.

1 comment:

A Left-Handed Quilter said...

That's looking GOOD!! Keep going - you're making GREAT progress!! And one-third is still better than no-thirds - LOL - ;))