Tuesday, May 1, 2018

Why I don't wash windows...



This is not my husband, but it could be. It is the field right next to ours. It is across the road from our house. With every round this farmer makes the wind blows all that dust at my house.

The first year we moved here my Mother-in-law insisted that we wash the windows of my house. She even told me that my husband and Father-in-law were going to help. I found that odd since they were in the middle of harvest and I knew they were busy. And, not having grown up in a farming family I didn't realize that washing windows during harvest time was not a good idea. 
Anyway, the next morning she said she didn't think the guys were going to show up and we should go ahead and get started. My son was just turning two, we were still in the process of moving and my parents were visiting for the weekend. My mom kept an eye on my son while MIL and I got busy. We got all the wooden storm windows off and washed. We leaned them against the trees in the yard and ran out of time to put them back up. During that night and the next day we had a lot of wind and the farmers were harvesting. You can imagine the dust that ended up on those freshly washed windows! Everyone left and I had to rewash those windows and put them back up by myself. 
I don't do windows anymore. 

OK, once in a while I will wash one if it gets really bad, 
but I always think of that day whenever I wash windows.

No comments: