Monday, May 7, 2018

Gratitudes 6 & 7

Day 6 - What in nature are you most grateful for?
I am grateful for all of nature. Well, not so grateful for the critters, like skunks, raccoons and opossums that get in our barns and sheds and make messes and destroy things, but I know they are probably looking for food and a safe place.
I enjoy the creatures and green growing things.
My most favorite are flowers. 
They attract the bees, birds and butterflies 
while also giving me a wonderful sight and smell.
And, speaking of nature, I did this over the weekend.

Green pepper plants and cucumbers seeds in the pots.
I put the cucumbers in the covered bed to keep them warm and protect 
them from wind and birds until they are well established.

Tomato plant and lettuce and radish seeds. The tomato has a tile protecting it now.
This bed will get covered with a garden fabric for wind and bird protection.


 Straw bale with squash plants. The tiles protect the plants from the wind and birds. 
They will be removed when the plants get bigger.

Also did some cleanup in some flower garden areas, 
but much more needs to be done.

Day 7 - What memory are you most grateful for?
 I am so grateful for memories of my brother.
My sister-in-law loves to take pictures and she posted many on Facebook. Almost daily there are memories that pop up that she shares. I cursed Facebook the day he died for sharing that information before the family had all been notified. That is a terrible way to find out about such a tragic event.
But, today I am grateful for Facebook allowing us to see 
and share the wonderful memories of the great man my brother was. 
He is very much missed by all who knew him.

I also did some sewing this weekend.


Houses for the Quilter's Exchange.
It is getting so big there wasn't room for my blocks on my design wall.


The two blocks on the left are my blocks.

http://smallquiltsanddollquilts.blogspot.com/2018/05/design-wall-monday-may-7-2018.html
What a Hoot Quilts is challenging quilters to finish '18 in 2018'
Check them out.

2 comments:

Bonnie said...

Love your houses. I have never been particularly enamored of house blocks. I think I've got only one little wall hanging with only 3 houses in it. But, those wonderful blocks look like a town sprouting up. They'll be fabulous as a quilt.

Judy Hansen said...

I love nature too - and worked outside in my flowers on Saturday. It was great to be outside digging in the dirt. My only brother is deceased also, and I miss him a lot. Quilting is my comfort when I am feeling sad, and it's my joy when I'm feeling happy. I hope it is for you too. Thanks for linking with Design Wall Monday, Judy