Saturday, May 5, 2018

Gratitude Day 5

What sound are you grateful for today?
 
Right now I am listening to clothes tumble in my dryer. It is the 3rd load today. 
I am switching my cold weather clothes for warm weather clothes and they 
all need freshened after months folded up in deep drawers and totes. I am grateful to have a washer and dryer.  My Mother-in-law always hung her clothes out - year round. My FIL thought it was wasteful to spend money to dry clothes.
I tried hanging clothes out when we first moved here 20+ years ago, but we didn't have a proper clothes line so I strung one between the TV antenna tower and a tree. A tree. Birds flew in and out of that tree all day. After too many times having to rewash the clothes because of the birds I stopped hanging doing it. And, I only had time to do laundry that way on the weekends when I 
was home all day. By the time I got home for work I just didn't have time. 
It was not always convenient to spend my weekend doing laundry
I am grateful for the dryer so I can do laundry any time of the day or night.

When it was decided the house my MIL grew up in should be sold it became my husbands responsibility to clean it out. All of that stuff came to our house, to one of the tool sheds. It has taken up needed space in there for 3 years. Incidentally this is stuff that had been at the house we lived in before we moved back here. No one wanted it then. No one wants it now. Husband has decided enough time has passed and he is going to start getting rid of it. I have been seeing some interesting garden art ideas on Pinterest so I have started going through it to see if I can if there might be anything useful. 
I found this cute little salt & pepper set. 


Then I found the creamer.
 
 
Aren't they cute?! 
My husband remembers them being in the china 
cabinet that belonged to his grandmother.

 
After a little investigating on-line I find that I need 
to on the look-out for the matching sugar bowl.

I collect salt & pepper sets (thanks to my brother) so I will keep those.
My son's girlfriend loves, LOVES cows so I will probably give her the 
creamer. Even if I don't find the sugar bowl it is cute and could be used 
for something else - a tiny plant, holder of toothbrushes, makeup brushes, Q-tips. I'm sure she will think of something. Or, maybe she will decide she doesn't have room for it in their tiny apartment. Then I will keep it :)

 
http://smallquiltsanddollquilts.blogspot.com/2018/04/design-wall-monday-april-30-2018.html
What a Hoot Quilts is challenging quilters to finish '18 in 2018'
Check them out.

No comments: