Wednesday, May 2, 2018

Day Two of Gratitudes

Day Two is what technology are you most grateful for?

One definition I found:

Technology is the way we apply scientific knowledge for practical purposes. It includes machines (like computers) but also techniques and processes (like the way we produce computer chips). ... In fact, a hammer and the wheel are two examples of early human technology.

So it seems that there are a lot of choices to be grateful for. 
It is hard to choose which one I am most grateful for.

I love my car. It has OnStar:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/OnStar    OnStar Corporation is a subsidiary of General Motors that provides subscription-based communications, in-vehicle security, emergency services, hands-free calling, turn-by-turn navigation, and remote diagnostics systems throughout the United States, Canada, China, Mexico, Europe, Brazil, and Argentina. 

I like my cell phone, and although it is not the latest, greatest smart phone it allows me to easily stay in touch with family and friends. I call and text only right now. Data is available but I choose to not pay the extra cost for that. I am considering upgrading though. It is the cost that is holding me back.

I like the iPads available to my students. They can have fun and learn. 
I don't make use of them every day but they are a nice change once in a while.  

I like that I can control the air temperature in my home easily with the programmable thermostat.

I love my sewing machines that allow so many different stitch choices and embroidery designs. 

TV, radio, computer, tablet - so many choices.

These are just a few of the things I can think of right now. I know my life is touched 
by so much more technology. I could do without all of them except my car, I think.

I finished the media cart cover. Here is the cart modeling the new outfit.

Media Cart Back
Media Cart Front



















The cord for the CD player is making the flap pouf out. I redid the flap placement so 
the left side overlaps the right and it lays much better. Didn't get a picture, though.
 

The hole on top for the cords. I didn't quiet get it lined up but it works.

No comments: