Wednesday, January 17, 2018

Tuesday and Happy Thought

 
I have been having a few rough days. My brother's birthday is Sunday. 
He would have been 56. Too young to be gone.
I am angry - that he is gone, gone because someone was in a hurry and careless. 
Because of that carelessness he is gone. I struggle with this daily. It was an accident. She did not set out to take a life that day. And, yet, my brother is gone. I pray for her. She has to live with that the rest of her life. I pray for the driver of the semi she intended to pass. He had to witness that event and was powerless to stop it. 
On my way home from work yesterday I looked over a little to my left and saw a beautiful sight.

A sundog. Little rainbows on either side of the sun.
Image result for winter rainbow by sun

This is not my picture, but very similar to what I saw.

Then later as the sun was setting, a beautiful sunset.




 
My picture does not do it justice.
So, even with my sadness I am able to see beauty around me.

 
See what other quilters are up to at Small Quilts and Doll Quilts.
What a Hoot Quilts is challenging quilters to finish '18 in 2018'. Check it out.

2 comments:

A Left-Handed Quilter said...

Oh, Cindy - I am so sorry about your brother - and know that you still miss him - and will for the rest of your life. Your grief is shared by all who loved him - and those of us who only knew him through you. I love your photo of the beautiful "sundog". I have seen "double rainbows" before - but never a "sundog" - thanks for sharing - ;))

Lynette said...

Losing a sibling to a crash is horrid. My youngest sister was killed in an accident that was due to nothing other than young, inexperienced driver. So inexplicable and painful. I'm sorry about your brother. :(