Tuesday, January 2, 2018

Pinterest and Positive Thought

Pinterest
I have quite a few boards that I have tried to organize by interest/category. Such as, Quilts - Scrappy, Quilts - Applique, Quilts - Baby/Kids, Knitting - different categories, Health and Beauty, you get the idea. For the last couple of years I start a board labeled for the current year with pins I want to try. My 2017 Board has just under 300 pins. I quickly pin anything I run across that inspires me or is something I want to make. Once I make an item or use the idea I move it to the appropriate board. Sadly, I didn't move very many items this year. I hope to do better in 2018!

Although it doesn't look like it I did make progress in my son's room.




 
The bed is drained ...
 
 
... and disassembled except for the drawers. I am running out of boxes to put it all in!

I have loaded one of the baby quilts which leads to today happy thought. I love to hand quilt. When I began quilting I hand quilted my quilts. I takes a long time! My quilting machine setup is a MegaQuilter with a 9 inch throat. Not very big, but I am so thankful to have it. It sure shortens the amount of time it takes me to finish a quilt.




And, look at that moon!
 

 
These pictures are not good at all, taken through my storm door 
so it appears that it was foggy when it wasn't. 



 
See what other quilters are up to at Small Quilts and Doll Quilts.
What a Hoot Quilts is challenging quilters to finish '18 in 2018'. Check it out.

No comments: