Tuesday, November 28, 2017

A Near Finish

Go here, Small Quilts and Doll Quilts, to see what other quilters are doing.

Thanksgiving was a little tough this year. My family gathering get smaller every year. 
Not having my brother's cheerful presence there made this one hard. 
But we got through it and are working on plans for Christmas. 
My niece bought a house and hosting this year, so that will be something new to look forward to.

Over the weekend I worked on this quilt for by son's girlfriend. She loves Minions!


Front, I used a panel and added the orange and blue borders. Quick and easy! It is not bound yet.


Back is cozy Minkee!

I also finished quilting another cross-stitched baby quilt for my friend. She has made several of these. I have another cross-stitched one and a pieced one up next on my list.

Front, cute Noah's Ark.


Back is cozy flannel.


We had a pretty quiet weekend which we like! No Black Friday shopping, no Small Business Saturday shopping. I used to love to shop, but now I don't have the patience to fight the crowds and wait in line. I looked around on websites thinking I might find some great deals for Cyber Monday, but I there wasn't anything that I really needed or wanted.


2 comments:

Judy Hansen said...

Love your minion quilt! And the cross stitched baby quilts are so beautiful. Almost too pretty to use, but I'm sure they will get good use. Thanks for posting to Design Wall Monday, Judy

A Left-Handed Quilter said...

Love your minion quilt, too! I read a blog post of some "minion cupcakes" and left-over "minion butts" - I'll email you the link. The embroidered baby quilt reminds me of one I started for my first grandson - never did finish it - he's out of high school now - so it's been a UFO forEVER - ;))