Monday, September 25, 2017

Monday

To see what other quilters are doing go to Small Quilts and Doll Quilts.

Over the weekend I worked on my exchange blocks for the new exchange my group is doing.


These are my blocks with my fabric. I am using bright, mostly batiks.


These are Harriet's blocks that she made with her fabric. She is using flannels.


These are Harriet's blocks (on the bottom) and the blocks I made with her fabric (on the top).

You can see the Knitted Knockers on the right in this picture. I haven't sent them yet because I am making more!

It appears that the old picture of me and my brothers didn't show up in my last post so I am trying again.

Me, Ed, Mike

Mike, Ed, Me

Ed, Me, Mike, Mom, Dad

Actually, three pictures of my family. My mom used a large, really large, like 4 feet x 3 feet large, frame and grouped pictures of all of us that were taken through the years. It included pictures of us when we were small all the way to now with pictures of our kids. My brother who was born after me, Ed, has 5 grandchildren now.
Anyway, Mom disassembled the frame to remove pictures of Mike for the photo boards displayed at his funeral. She wanted my sister-in-law to keep them afterwards. I had my son use his phone to take pictures of the pictures.
As you can see, Mike was always happy. I never knew him to get mad, except in recent years when his daughter was making some bad relationship decisions. He was so upset, but she resolved it and is on a better path now. I am so thankful that it happened while he was alive to see it.
He was a great uncle to my son, as well. More like a brother, is how my son puts it. He is an only child so their relationship was very special to him. Mike would make sure they had a good hunting spot every fall during deer season. He made it an adventure for them even when they didn't have any luck seeing deer. October will be hard for my son this year.
So many people miss him. He was a great family man, well loved by his co-workers and community.

No comments: