Monday, August 14, 2017

Monday

Go to Small Quilts and Doll Quilts to see Design Wall Monday postings by other quilters.

I have been working on this...


made with Hello, My Name Is charm pack from Missouri Star Quilt Co. I got this as a Daily Deal while visiting there in July with my quilting buddies. There two pairs of Knitted Knockers hanging on the upper right. One pair is stuffed, the other not.

I also have started on the first of two more T-shirt quilts. These are for the daughter of a friend for her kids.

The first picture is of a tentative layout that has since been approved.


This picture is of the blocks getting the fusible interfacing attached, trimmed to size and stacked in rows.


They are not all the same width at this point. I will be adding sashing in 1 - 1 1/2" strips of black, gray or red depending on what color the t-shirt is. This will finish around 65 x 78 ish.

My computer updated the other day and now when I try to upload pictures from my camera I just get a black window. It seems like the program opens but does not show the picture. I have to go to control panel and find the device and open photos from there. Once I save the photo in a folder I can find it again, but if I don't do that I have to plug the camera in again and try to find what I am looking for. Total pain in the @#$.

I guess that is just another sign I am getting old! I get used to doing things a certain way and then there is an update or change and it takes me forever and a lot of frustration to figure out the new. GRR!

On a positive note, it is a pretty day here. We are waiting for hay to dry so it can be baled. Not my favorite thing to do and now, for a reason I don't know, I find myself in tears because I think of my brother every time we bale. I think of him a lot anyway, but it seems worse when baling hay. Crazy.

Also, my hibiscus is blooming and it is beautiful!


OK, I just realized this picture is from LAST year! because I can't find the one I took few days ago.
Crazy computer. Anyway, it is even bigger this year with more blossoms. I love the color.






2 comments:

Annie said...

I looked back in your blog posts to read about what happened to your brother. So sad. I had a good friend killed while on his motorcycle when a car ran a red light and plowed into him. Bill was a good man and I'll never forget him.

Ramona said...

Disappearing four patches are one of my favorite blocks. Your t shirt quilt will be wonderful. So sorry about your brother.