Monday, August 7, 2017

Finished/Not Finished

To see what other people are doing go here to Judy's page Small Quilts and Doll Quilts .

In the Finished category ...

 

... this quilt is now on my husband's chair. 
He says he feels bad about sitting on it. I don't. It is made from scraps and stash. 
It protects his chair. He comes in from walking beans, spraying weeds, 
or some other hard work and is hot, sweaty, dirty. 
The chair needs some protection.

Also finished ...


Knitted Knockers. You can read about them here.
While I know some people who have been touched by breast cancer I made these 
in honor of my brother. After he started working as a security officer at his local hospital 
he sent me a brochure for this organization. He was always thinking of other people and trying to help in any way he could. Knowing that I am a knitter he thought I might 
be interested in contributing to them. 

So, this is my first pair. 
I have yarn to make a second pair in Cotton Classic Lite by Tahki Yarns in Color Toffee 4202 
which looks like this.

Tahki Cotton Classic Lite Yarn (4202) Almond By The Each
 
I plan to make more, but will need to get more yarn. 

They have a list of recommended yarns and most requests are for neutral, fleshy toned colors, but they do get some requests for brighter colors. I will mostly use those more requested colors 
but plan to make some in brighter colors just for fun!

In the Unfinished department is this...


... it is a smallish lap size quilt. It needs quilted and bound.
I used the Disappearing 4-Patch pattern in Block magazine.
It needs quilted and bound.
I like it so much I am making another on using My ABC Book charm packs.

 
I removed the three lightest fabrics since they didn't provide enough contrast with the white. 

I have the 4 patches made and 2 of the final blocks made.



I plan to use this on my rocking reading chair at school whereI sit to read to the 
students while they are waiting their turns to have a bathroom break. 
I was gifted with a bag of sweet corn this morning. It is more than we can eat as corn on the cob so it will go into the freezer. Better go get started on that!


These lilies surprise me every year. I forget about them until they bloom.



I memory of my brother.




2 comments:

Robin said...

I went to the knitted knockers site and watched one of the videos. It looks like something many ladies would appreciate. I'm not much of a knitter but I noticed there was a crocheted version.

A Left-Handed Quilter said...

I'm like Robin - I went to the knitted knockers site and watched one of the videos. What an AWESOME idea! Thanks for the link - ;))