Monday, June 12, 2017

Monday

Go to Small Quilts and Doll Quilts to see what others are up to.

On my wall...
The 365 Challenge.
Over the past few days I have been working on the center Medallion borders and corners.

This is Border 2.


I did not care for the way Border 2 looked so I redid it with different fabrics. 


Here is the center Medallion with all 4 Borders and Corners.
I am going to replace the lower right corner with another 6 inch block. This one doesn't seem to fit well since it is blue and cream only and the other 3 corners have brown and/or red in them. I will be mindful of fabric selection when making 6 inch blocks so that one will fit in this spot better.


I have also been re-organizing my 'stuff'. 
So many projects!
 

Everything on the quilt frame went back into the pie safe, plus a few more projects.


Starting at the top left - tub of fabrics and batting for Bowl Buddies, fuzzy backing piece, stacks of black, gray, practice sheets, and white.
2nd shelf - 6 projects, including the Quilter's Exchange from this year and last year.
3rd shelf - stacks of white and off-white background fabrics, fabrics for 3 baby quilts.
4th shelf - binder totes with filed papers, big boy (man) quilt FQs, flannel exchange FQs and binders with knitting and quilting patterns/ideas.
The binders are getting overfilled so I bought another binder today to help with that.


More projects in this cube. The bottom box on the left holds Civil War Repro fabrics. The box on top of it holds fabrics and towels to make some kitchen/tea towels. On top of that is a photo album I plan to cover as a fair project. I will use it to store photos of the quilts I make. And, on top of that are pages and cut fabrics for the 365 Challenge.

So many projects, so little time.

Since my brother's passing I have been more mindful of taking walks around my yard to enjoy the flowers and critters. He was interested in conservation and protecting the bee population. He and his wife had moved to a 22 acre spot in the country. He had planted 2 areas with wildflowers native to his area. He had bee hives, chickens, ducks and turkeys. He was planning on getting some goats and possibly a cow. 
So everyday I take a walk around my yard, fill the butterfly and hummingbird feeders 
and just look at nature.

Here are some of the things I have seen lately.

Lilies - they grow wild in the ditches up around here, but I have some in my yard.
Yellow Lily
Clustered Bellflower
Yellow Siberian Lily
Butterfly Feeder surrounded by Milkweed
Rose and Clustered Bellflower. Look closely at the dead rose stem on the left.
Butterfly just emerging from cocoon.

Clematis
Columbine and Hostas


1 comment:

Judy Hansen said...

Thanks for posting your beautiful pictures of the flowers and the newly emerging butterfly. How nice to be there and capture the moment. I have the 365 block quilt in my future too, and hav the blocks finished, but no assembly. I look forward to seeing your progress.