Monday, May 8, 2017

Monday...

...again. I don't know how the weeks get away from me, but they do.

I have been busy!

I worked my way through a pile of mending - patching jeans, a couple of lines of stitching in my quilt apron to make a smaller pocket for the seam ripper, taking up 3 shirts so they fit better in the underarm area. Seems I don't have quite enough to fill in the top part of most shirts when I buy the size that fits my middle parts making them gap in that area.

And, then there is the quilting.

I finished this T-shirt quilt for my co-worker. Her daughter is graduating high school this year.



My co-worker loved it! 

Then I decided to work on the 365 Challenge. The challenge is going again this year and most of the blocks are the same. But, I am so far behind I am being lapped. 


This is the unit for April 1st - 2016.
Not this year's, LAST year's. Oh, well. I really think I want to finish this. 
It just might take me ... forever.


I like to cut pieces for 10 days at a time. 
I find it easier to pick up a day and make a block quickly.
 

I think part of the reason I am struggling with this project is that for some of the blocks 
I chose fabric that doesn't have enough contrast. I plan to remake them.

Quilt Retreat was 2 weeks ago, but I failed to take photos of what 
I did there so I will save that for another post.

Go to Judy's page to see what other quilters are working on.

1 comment:

Judy Hansen said...

FYI - Since Judy Laquidara at Patchwork Times is no longer doing "Design Wall Mondays", I talked to her and got permission to continue Design Wall Mondays at my blog: http://smallquiltsanddollquilts.blogspot.com/

I hope to see your posts on future Mondays, Judy Hansen