Monday, February 27, 2017

Monday...

The weather was nice today. Cooler than last week, but warmer than Sunday. The sun was shining and there was not much wind. Great day for outside recess! And, we ALL needed it!

I got this quilted over the weekend. Now on to binding.



Since last Monday was a holiday, it was a no-school day for me. How to celebrate? Fabric shopping with quilt buddies, of course!




I got the green paisley and an 11 half-yard bundle a few weeks ago on another fabric shopping trip with the same quilt buddies. I have a pattern in mind (actually the same one I am using the flannels for, Breezy Batiks). Some of the pieces are too light or not a color I want to use with this pattern so I wanted to add some more colors.



The fabrics on the right will go with the green paisley bundle. I added some more Civil War fabrics in colors needed for the 365 Challenge which I still haven't decided if I will make all the blocks for. And a baseball print FQ for a quilt I have in mind for a young nephew. Last, but not least, the Vintage Rose papers by Quiltworx. I love the Quiltworx patterns. I don't know when I will have time to make the few I have, but at least I have them. Every time I think I know what colors I want to use I see one made up in different colors that I like even better than the last.


Here is my progress on the Breezy Batiks pattern in flannels. Six more stars to make and even more 25 patch blocks. I am liking it so far.


My latest block for the Quilter's Exchange. We met this past Saturday. We are all anxious to be finished with this. We will do our final exchange in May.
These fabrics are peachy/beigey/grayish and purple grayish. Very soft look. My block is on the left.


All the blocks so far. The pictures are not wonderful. I need to work on learning the camera.


I had started with Pat Sloan's Solstice challenge.
Blocks 1 through 4.


I like Block 1 and may make a quilt with that block using my Civil War stash. Block 2 was OK. I am not crazy about Block 3. I do not like Block 4. Rail Fence type blocks are really not my favorites.


So I have put the finished blocks and the patterns together with a note to myself so I remember what I had in mind when I decided to stop working on this challenge. I have seen pictures of other people's blocks and I think they look nice, but I still do not care for some of the blocks, although I do like some that have been posted since so I might make them up and see how I feel about continuing. Since I have enough other projects to keep me busy I give myself permission to stop working on this project for now.

2 comments:

Marlene @ KISSed Quilts . com said...

Love your heart quilt.

Churn Dash said...

A lot of scrappy yumminess on display.

Helen