Monday, December 21, 2015

Design Wall Monday

No progress on the quilt on my frame...


I have been knitting though.


A scarf to go with the mittens for my co-workers friend.






A ruffle scarf for a co-worker.



 These mittens, and more, have all been gifted.

And, then there has been candy-making.
My husband likes fudge. Not the soft kind, the kind of hard sugary kind that my grandmother used to make. My parents like divinity and I am the only one in the family who has a sturdy stand mixer to make it with. So Sunday I made some fudge and divinity. The divinity making didn't go so well. I could not get it to stiffen so I had to beat it for a loooong time and then I heard a noise...



I did get the divinity to stiffen and it is now setting up.
A new wire whip has been ordered and should arrive soon. I won't need it again before Christmas so that is ok. I have had my mixer for about 30 years so I think I am pretty lucky I haven't had any other troubles with it or any of its parts.

Go to Judy's page to see what other quilters are working on.

1 comment:

Kate said...

Lots of holiday stuff to do this time of year. I love divinity, but it's been too humid here to make it. Have a very Merry Christmas.